Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cry Your Heart Out

I was never that impressed with Kellie Pickler's vocal performances during her time on the Idol. I felt like she got as far as she did, because she played the dumb country blonde ho card in interviews.

And then, Post-Idol Kellie released her debut single, "Red High Heels," and I was unimpressed. She felt like a poor sluttier man's Carrie Underwood.

But now...months later...I have come to enjoy "Red High Heels" for the country pop trash goodness that it is. And with the release of her second single, "I Wonder" (about Kellie's absent mother), I feel as if my relationship with the country ho has turned the corner. We have come to an understanding. And it's one of mutual appreciation. It's easy to appreciate the country ho now. Especially when she turns in strong emotional performances like this one...

1 Comments:

Blogger kjl said...

Personally, I just don't think she's that good. The performance was emotional, yes, but I didn't think it was that solid vocally. Maybe I'm just partial to Carrie!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home