Sunday, January 14, 2007

What's Washing Over Kimberley Now?

After a slight misstep with the mushy R&B track "Supawoman," the Idol 2's Kimberley Locke has returned to form with a new song ("Change") that has Miss Locke doing what she does best...overwrought Adult Contemporary ballads.




Like her AC hit single "8th World Wonder," Miss Locke is obsessed with water. A change is "washing over" her. The rain is "setting [her] free." It's all VERY dramatic and VERY exciting, because Kimberley sings every word with passion and conviction. When she sings about how the train is about to leave on a one way track, you want shout "You go GIRL!"

I must confess that I'm not a big ballad fan. For the most part, I find them grating, hokey, and humorless. Ballads are things that I suffer through at weddings and dentists' offices. I don't want to spend my free time listening to a vast majority of them...but when Miss Locke sings, I want to listen. She can sing sweet nothings into my ear anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home