Sunday, January 28, 2007

"One Night In Paris"

As previously announced, I went to "Popstarz" on Friday night to see Paris Bennett perform.

By the end of her time on the Idol 5, I wasn't the biggest fan of Paris. Everything after her "Midnight Train to Georgia" performance was just too cutesy. Every song she sang sounded the same. There was no happy. There was no sad. There was just cute.

So I entered "Popstarz" with low expectations.

I shouldn't have worried.

While she's definitely no Frenchie, Paris surprised me with a strong voice and remarkably confident stage presence (especially for one so young).

* * *

At approximately 1 am, this crazy person showed up on stage...







She made some joke about how tonight was "One Night in Paris," annoyed everyone, and then got off the stage to make way for the one and only Miss Paris Bennett.



Paris was lovely.



Even if she looked like the local hoochie school librarian.



Miss Bennett started off the night by singing "Chain of Fools."

She tried to get the crowd involved...



...but the homos couldn't really get it together.



Paris then announced that she would be singing her new single, "Ordinary Love."



And she did.



It wasn't nearly as awful as I remembered it being.



In fact, it was almost enjoyable.

But maybe I was just distracted by the dancer that joined her on-stage for two seconds.



He seemed veryNice.



After her dancer disappeared, Paris launched into the only song I really wanted to hear her sing.



It was about as good as I had dreamed it could be.



The night then made hard right into WeirdTown. Paris announced that she wanted to play the DJ something she could "walk to," so he did.

And then she...



..."walked."

I'm not sure what to make of that whole bit, bit it was...uh...interesting. I don't think anyone else in the crowd knew what the heck was going on up there either...but they cheered her on. The homos are very supportive.



Post-walk, Paris declared that she had one final surprise for us.



It involved confetti...



...and a semi-decent performance of the gay dance classic, "It's Raining Men."



Of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marko said...

Finally she's on tour, The vid quality is horrible, but htanks anyway :)

6:45 AM  
Blogger judge jru said...

Yeah...I apologize for the video quality, but it's all I got.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home