Friday, January 12, 2007

Midnight Confession, by judge jru

I have a confession to make.

I'm addicted to Katharine McPhee's "Dangerous."



I don't know what's wrong with me. I blogged about this track about a month ago and I trashed it.

But then...a thing happened. I put it on my iPod's Workout Mix when I desperate to fill it with new songs and weeks later, I can't stop listening to it.



Within my veryGay Workout playlist, I placed Miss McPhee's "song" just after Fergie's attempt to prove she can spell (aka: "Glamorous"). The one-two punch of those faux R&B trashtastic tracks gets my "motor" running every time I listen to them.



Yes, I know they're terrible. Yes, I know they're awful. Yes, I know they have nothing new to say about our troubled existence in the 21st century.

The vocals are emotionless and even at their best, they sound like a poor man's Pussycat Dolls. When Miss McPhee sings about a man being "dangerous," it sounds like she is singing about a piece of plywood. I have a sneaking suspicion that Kat has never come close to dating someone that could be considered "dangerous." I'm pretty sure that dating a "Scientologist" doesn't count. Foolish? Yes. Dangerous? Probably not.

But enough of my blabbering...take a listen to "Dangerous."

Wait five minutes.

And listen to it again.

I fear that it might be the best "worst" song an Idol has produced since the Aiken wished he "could be a fly on your wall."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home