Monday, January 22, 2007

the history of judge jru

Back in the summer of 2002, in the midst of the Idol 1 frenzy, I began writing joke-y little emails to friends and co-workers about the ridiculousness that was the Idol.

As the weeks passed, I continued to write them and so I decided that I needed to share my opinions with the rest of the world...hence the original judge jru Idol website was born.

At that time, I was working with a very well connected lesbian who was lucky enough to attend the season finale of the Idol.

I was wicked jealous of the lesbian and I think she knew it, so the next day...I arrived at work and discovered an autographed photo of Ryan Seacrest sitting atop my desk

The lesbian knew I hated the Seacrest with every bone in my body, but she also knew that nothing would make me happier than getting an autograph from the man I despised.

I briefly mentioned getting this autograph in my first post about season two of the Idol, but I never showed it off...because I was simply too lazy to find a scanner and scan it in.

Years passed and the Seacrest autograph remained proudly displayed in the Ru household, but not on the idol blog.

But then, on Friday night, Zak (of "The Daily Zak" fame) re-discovered the photo and wondered why he'd never seen it on the blog before.

I had no good answer.

And so...without further ado...I present to you...my favorite Idol-related possession...

seacrest_hearts_jru

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home