Monday, December 18, 2006

Simon's Got a Hearing Problem

So over in the UK, there is a show called "The X Factor," starring Simon Cowell and some other people. It's pretty much exactly like the Idol, without Paula or Randy.

Anyways, this British lass named Leona won.

And she sung a song that you might be familiar with...



And now, she is going to release her crapola version as her debut single.



I didn't know it was possible to appreciate the Clarkson more, but after hearing Leona butcher a song I didn't care for all that much in the first place...well, let's just say it's taken my Clarkson love to a whole new level. A level that may or may not involve buying Kelly's used water bottles off of eBay.

9 Comments:

Blogger Zak said...

That was worse than Guarini's version. And that's saying a lot.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard the Leona chick sing other songs which were much better than that craptastic bit of fluff. I was disappointed in the chioice. However, Simon was her mentor so am sure he managed to put his own crapola spin on the version. I am reeling and feeling sick to my stomach right now.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Jru.

That was craptastic. Simon must want to have some private... um... mentor moments with Ms. Leona. That sucked. Perhaps she does?

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Rich said...

Are you totally anti-Leona, or just when she's singing "AMLT?" I really can't get behind this girl at all. She seems so...empty.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Rich...dude...I must agree with your assessment of the Leona. I fear she might be dead inside. Literally. When the camera peers into her eyes, I get lost in a sea of blackness.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or a sea of craptastic delight....

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that just put me in a bad mood for the day. I think saying that she butchered it is too kind.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone know who was first if kelly had already won, or what?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Cree said...

I must agree. Horrible!

I actually like the song "A Moment Like This", and to hear these "professionals" praise that performance ... makes me feel ill.

I feel even worse for Kelly though, having no rights to say yay or nay for others to sing/butcher "her" music.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home