Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My McPhee-ver McBroke

I have a love/hate relationship with Miss McPhee. She is so desperate to become a STAR that it has become her only discernible personality trait...which I find incredibly off putting and immensely exciting at the same time.



And so...despite her tortured status in my world, I might have gotten more than a little excited to discover a couple of new McPhee tracks floating about the series of tubes known as the internet.


However, my dreams of McGreatness faded away when I actually took some time out of my "verybusy" schedule to listen to them.

Now don't get me wrong, they're not the worst thing that an Idol runner-up has ever produced (that prize still belongs to the Guarini)...but they're not good either.

The thing is...well, there is nothing memorable about the McTracks. There's nothing special about the vocals, the songwriting, and/or the production.

It's as if the songs were designed to NOT stand out, because G-d forbid an Idol also-ran outshines (and/or outsells) an Idol winner.

There would be chaos.

CHAOS!

And so for this McMediocrity...I'm blaming the Hicks.


(Songs via Kevipod Music)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think that those two songs are bad, wait until you hear how she butchered a beatufiul Christmas carol - which she presented as a 'gift' to her fans..

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if she was wearing panties in that picture - or is she as desperate as the newly single Ms. Spears? Come to think of it, I could see McPhee hanging out with the Britstir and Paris Hilton. What a trio that would be.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home