Friday, December 15, 2006

Gayest. Idol-Related Songs. Ever.

I don't know if you're aware, but I'm a bit of a self-loathing homo.

And by "self-loathing," I mean that I hate the fact that music taste veers into the veryveryveryGay from time to time (i.e.: most of the time when I'm not trying to impress a boy by pretending to only listen to music too obtuse for KCRW).

I'm hear to annouce that my veryveryveryGay audio disease has taken control of my iPod yet again...in the form of the Australian Idol supergroup known as "Young Divas."


"Young Divas"
is a female vocal quartet, whose members have all appeared on the Australian version of the Idol.

And they make the kind of music you want four ladies from the Idol to make...

They sing covers of mostly disco and eighties classics.

Only faster.

And louder.

It's fantastic.

Don't believe me?

Take a listen to these three "gems":






And just in case that wasn't diva-licious enough for you, here's one more...




I know I shouldn't like them. Really. I KNOW. But I can't help myself. I do. I really do.

And you know what? I don't care if that makes me a superhomo either.

I'm here. And I'm a Young Divas megafan. Get used to it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Robin said...

They're terrible.



I want an American Idol girl group.

11:29 AM  
Blogger judge jru said...

If by terrible, you mean...so terrible that they're amazing. Then yes...they're terrible.

3:47 PM  
Blogger judge jru said...

And yes please to the American Idol girl group.

Who would you want?

I'm thinking Tamyra (Idol 1), Trenyce (Idol 2), Vonzell (Idol 4), and Mandisa (Idol 5).

That would be magical, eh?

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Di said...

Hey I'm from Australia and yes the Young Divas are terrific. I'm so glad to see we have fans of the girls overseas.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey im from australia and yes the divas are extremely big over here every1 fave. especially the one on the end of the album (left side), she has a magnificent remake of i will always love you on sonybmg.com.au check it out!!!

Go emily?

and im a guy and i loke da divas, you can like girl singers and not be gay u know

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys im from australia and yes the divas are hug over here don't be shocked if they make it overseas round da world. especially emily. the kiwi on the left she rox the most. she is the one wit the strong voice like whitney housten. she mad a version of i will always love you that can be downloaded on sonybmg.com.au on the young divas part. type in young divas in the search bar

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys im from australia and yes the divas are hug over here don't be shocked if they make it overseas round da world. especially emily. the kiwi on the left she rox the most. she is the one wit the strong voice like whitney housten. she mad a version of i will always love you that can be downloaded on sonybmg.com.au on the young divas part. type in young divas in the search bar

hey emily forum Emz No.1 fan here

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home