Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Classy Idol?

I never thought it was possible, but the Australian Idol 2006 winner (a 30 year old Irish man named Damien Leith) has just released what must be the classiest debut single by an Idol winner ever.



It's called "Night of My Life" and while the lyrics veer into cheese territory (with a title like that how could it not?)...classy production and Damien's stellar vocals turn the song into something better.

It's like James Blunt and Damien Rice made sweet sweet love and spawned a 30 year old man.



And while we are on the subject of Damien, I suppose I should admit that I'm "verybusy" with him.



Seriously.



He's quite smashing...



...ain't he?

("Night of My Life" video via XO's Middle Eight)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Jru. I see you are VERY consistent.

Here's a 30 year old, Richard Marx-sounding, light of hair, Dave Matthews-looking old dude, and you're agog.

But you hate Taylor.

Has the radar told you something 'bout this dude that it didn't with Taylor? Hmmm..

Oh yeah - Taylor won, too.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely delicious!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger judge jru said...

I am VERY consistent.

You're right. I take issue with the fact that Taylor is old...because I find Taylor's whole shtick to be stodgy, musty, and tired.

Yes, Damien is on the older side...but he doesn't FEEL old...because his voice is lovely, he has a lovely Irish accent, and he isn't Taylor Hicks.

You are entitled to your opinion of Taylor...just as much as I'm entitled to mine.

It's just that my opinion the right one.

Hugs and Kisses,
judge jru

9:13 PM  
Blogger thebraff said...

What a fantastic voice. I have just watched the clips. We need to hear more from this bloke. More, more, more.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is absolutely adorable - what a beautiful voice - I'm going to look for more

2:03 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I had to rummage through your archives but it was worth stumbling to this entry again.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home