Sunday, September 17, 2006

You're Gonna Love Her

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all that due to a technical malfunction...all of the pictures and videos I took for my full post on Frenchie's performance appear to have disappeared into the ether...all except for two pictures I took on my dinky camera phone...and two videos that my friend was able to recover before disaster struck.

So here it is...

"My Night With Frenchie"
By judge jru


Friday night. September 15th. I arrive at Popstarz with sister ru and friends.

We wait.

And wait.

We position ourselves near the stage and wait some more.

And then I see her. NOT Frenchie, but another blonde African-American reality TV star...Eva Pigford (the winner of "Cycle 3" of ANTM).



She is beautiful. And she comes with a posse of hot African-American men...most of them appear to be straight.

Finally, at around 12:35-ish...the music stops and out comes Frenchie.



She is singing "Crazy." Not the Britney Spears one. The REALLY good one. She rocks the house. And my pants.

Frenchie continues on by singing "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)." And she rocks the house (and my pants) even more.

And just when you think things couldn't get any better, Frenchie launches into the classic "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going." I almost cry (but not really).

The one and only Miss Davis wraps her "concert" up with a quick acapella version of "Season of Love" (from RENT).

And then, she is gone.


* * *


I managed to take these bits of video with my friend's digital camera...but the results are unable to express just how stunning this performance was.





Frenchie was mystical.

Frenchie was magical.

Frenchie just WAS.


* * *



UPDATE: My friend (Aaron) is a genius! He figured out where the Frenchie pictures disappeared to!

And so now...without further ado...I give you...

MISS FRENCHIE DAVIS!















AND as an added bonus...here's Eva the Diva enjoying Frenchie...



SEE?



I told you she was REAL.

1 Comments:

Anonymous rachael said...

wow, what a great review, and pics! it made me feel like i was there.

rachael

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home