Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Heart my Gym

THE TOP 5 OF THE IDOL 5**

**There is a reason why I'm so late posting tonight. I was very busy...working out at the gym...next to Justin Timberlake. Seriously. I didn't talk to him. But he seemed verynice.


THEME #1 - SONGS FROM THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN


1) Elliott Yamin (Born in 1978. Sung "On Broadway," by George Benson) - Excuse Me. I'm going to be channeling Randy here for a second.

Damn dawg. That was hawt.

OK. Now I'm done.


2) Paris Bennett (Born in 1988. Sung "Kiss," by Prince) - Seriously...how did Miss Bennett turn one of the sexiest songs of all time into cute-sy and super-sweet? I feel like if I watched this performance over and over again...I would get diabetes.


3) Chris Daughtry (Born in 1979. Sung "Renegade," by Styx) - Did you ever wonder what Styx would sound like if the lead singer from FUEL took over? No?

Well...now we know.


4) Katharine McPhee (Born in 1984. Sung "Against All Odds," by Phil Collins) - Forced, yet sultry. And also about as flat as day old champagne.


5) Taylor Hicks (Born in 1976. Sung "Play that Funky Music," by Wild Cherry) - Manic. Again.


THEME #2 - SONGS ON THIS WEEK'S BILLBOARD CHARTS


1) Elliott Yamin ("Home," by Michael Buble) - As my faithful readers know, I'm a big fan of Michael Buble...I just love his whole Canadian Harry Connick Junior thing.

So good job Elliott. You picked a lovely song to sing. You did the Buble proud.


2) Paris Bennett ("Be Without You," by Mary J. Blige) - I have no idea how good or bad Paris was...because I was too distracted by Paris' ensemble. Silver lame capri pants? Really?

REALLY?


3) Chris Daughtry ("I Dare You," by Shinedown) - Why wasn't this dude on "Rock Star"? He could have won that shit.

JD Fortune has nothing on this dude.


4) Katharine McPhee ("Black Horse and Cherry Tree," by KT Tunstall) - No. No. No. No. No. You're not the one for me, McPhee.


5) Taylor Hicks ("Something," by the Beatles) - I didn't even make it through this entire performance. This bitch bugs me so much that he gives me indigestion.



judge jru votes

Did I mention I was too busy working out next to Justin Timberlake to vote???


judge jru predicts

Katharine and Elliott. I think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous GatorJen said...

I'm going to have to disagree with you about Elliot singing "Home." While his vocals were good, that song is about having emotion and Elliot, to me, was completely devoid of it in his rendition of that song.

And what's so bad about Chris sounding like Fuel? His voice is clearly cut out to sing rock music and it would be silly for him to try to sing any other way. Besides, Fuel is a great band so I don't see how comparing Chris to Fuel is a bad thing.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home