Monday, March 06, 2006

Kelly Clarkson walks away...with judge jru's broken hopes and dreams

About a month ago, I was at home in Silverlake...cleaning out my disaster of a bedroom. In the midst of making one of my many trips to the garbage can, I noticed a strange man lurking outside of my house.

Before I could run and hide in the deep recesses of my house, he began to make his approach.

The man introduced himself and explained that he was a freelance location scout, searching for places to shoot an upcoming music video. He asked me if I might be interested in letting them film at my house (that I share with sister ru). I told him that I would be happy to show him around and let him take pictures to see if our place might work.

As I walked towards the front door, I casually asked the man if he could tell me who was the star of the music video.

"Kelly Clarkson."

It was at this point that the conversation turned into my best acting performance to date. Rather than jump up and down like a twelve year-old girl, I brought my new best friend into my house and let him take a tour of every room. He took plenty of pictures and said that he thought that this might be what his bosses are looking for. As he was finishing up, I casually told him that "we are fans of Kelly Clarkson in this house" and that would be happy to open up our house to her and her video crew.

I'm really am very subtle.

The man who was sent to me from the Idol gods on high thanked me for my time and informed me that if they were indeed interested in filming at our house...someone would be calling me in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately, I never heard from that strange little location man again.


So here it is...Kelly's brand new video for "Walk Away." It's quite a lovely video, but I can't help but wonder just how much lovelier it would be...if a part of it had been filmed at the house of ru.

2 Comments:

Anonymous pistachio said...

I reckon it was some strange homeless man who wanted to use your bathroom.

3:55 PM  
Blogger laura said...

or a homeless man who thought you were hot. (lets think optimistically here!)

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home