Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fuel-ing the Idol

THE TOP 12 OF THE IDOL 5
THEME: Stevie Wonder Night


1) Ace Young ("Do I Do") - Just when I thought Ace couldn't be a more perfect man, he has to go and get all teary eyed over meeting Stevie Wonder.

How cute is that?

Seriously! He's too much.

I just won't mention the fact that Ace's performance was about as satisfying as "The Cutting Edge 2: Going For The Gold." And if you haven't seen that direct-to-TV/DVD picture, I have to admit that it's more than a little disappointing.


2) Kellie Pickler ("Blame It On The Sun") - Blonde. Bland. Bloring.


3) Elliott Yamin ("Knocks Me Off My Feet") - Serviceable.


4) Mandisa ("Don't Worry About a Thing") - Honey-child-sister-friend, my Mandisa performed barefoot tonight!

And gurrrl, she rocked the house in that Jennifer Holliday way that she do!

What is not to love?


5) Bucky Covington ("Superstition") - Yet another performance that is not worth talking about.

At all.


6) Melissa McGhee ("Lately") - I know a certain someone that has Kelly Clarkson skunk hair!

And I know a certain someone with Kelly Clarkson skunk hair that sucked gigantic donkey balls tonight!


7) Lisa Tucker ("Signed, Sealed, Delivered") - I hate to break it to you Lisa, because you seem like a really sweet girl...but no one cares. Especially when one wears a belt over a shirt in combination with a pleather shrug.


8) Kevin Covais ("Part Time Lover")
- When Stevie Wonder calls you "interesting" and "fun," you know that you got problems.

And in other news, I think I've discovered a new Idol equation...








9) Katharine McPhee ("Until You Come Back to Me")
- Just OK.

And WHO THE F**K DOES SIMON THINK HE IS? COMPARING KATHARINE TO THE CLARKSON?

I know Kelly Clarkson, Mr. Cowell! And Katharine McPhee is no Kelly Clarkson!


10) Taylor Hicks ("Living for the City") - Fine.

I give up!

Taylor is fine! But I still hate him like poison.


11) Paris Bennett ("All I Do") - Joyful and Triumphant!

Hate the hair. Love the girl.


12) Chris Daughtry ("Higher Ground") - So I've got a question for y'all. What the heck is going on with Chris' eyebrows. Did he get into a fight with Nads for Men and lose?

As for Chris' performance, he "Fuel-d" it.

Now we know...when you mix Stevie Wonder with Red Hot Chili Peppers...you get FUEL.

What we should learn from all of this is when you mix Chris with ANY SONG...you get FUEL.


judge jru votes


Paris. Paris. Paris. Paris. Mandisa. Paris. Paris. Paris. Paris. Mandisa.


judge jru predicts

Melissa McGhee? Bucky Covington? Kevin Covais? Kellie Pickler?

My best guess is Melissa McMistake.

4 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

lol @ Cutting Edge 2 - i admit it. on sunday i watched it (after watching the original). and then what did i do when it was over? WATCHED IT AGAIN! i know. but really, does it get any better than Christy Carlson Romano and some random dude pretending to ice skate?

oh yeah, and i think chris, katharine and mandisa were the strongest last night (and not necessarily in that order).

And i voted for Melissa because i would rather see her stick around than kevin little or kellie puke-ler ...ugh

5:46 AM  
Blogger Brent said...

I actually thought Mandisa sounded A MESS. She was singing bad notes left and right. Sure, when she went for the diva-power-high notes, they were fantastic, but overall I thought it sucked.

I too though Kellie's song was a bad choice, but there were a couple of points in there that I thought her voice was just beautiful.

I thought Katherine was by far the best last night. But, as you said, she IS NOT LA CLARKSON.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katherine is a snob with an average voice. I hope to God that she doesn't make top 4. I would much rather have, well anyone of the other ladies rather than her. She seems like a total b****! I can't stand her!!!!!!!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Seo Link Master said...

increase miles per gallon, fuel saver, increase gas mileage

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home