Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Awkward!

THE TOP 10 OF THE IDOL 5


1) Lisa Tucker ("Because of You," by Kelly Clarkson) - Oy vey.

Gurrrrrl...What WERE you thinkin'??

worst. idol 5. performance. ever. (that includes the entire Brenna Gethers oeuvre)


2) Kellie Pickler ("Suds in the Bucket," by Sara Evans) - WOoOoOoOo Kristy Swanson and Debbie Gibson are in the audience!

Why is Kristy Swanson crying? Did Lloyd break up with her? Poor girl.

As for the country slut's performance...well, her cutesy apology to the judges for picking the wrong song doesn't make up for the fact that it was a wicked lame performance.


3) Ace Young ("Drops of Jupiter," by Train) - I cannot review Ace's actual performance due to the fact that he performed a song by a band that hate with...well...words cannot describe the hate I feel for Train.

Who writes songs about eggplant and caviar?

Seriously???


4) Taylor Hicks ("Trouble," by Ray LaMontagne) - Hate the collarless leather jacket. Hate the guy. Didn't hate the song, but then again...I didn't love it either.


5) Mandisa ("Shackles (Praise You)," by Mary Mary) - Remember how Mandisa was a semi-respectable up and coming Gospel artist before the show? Remember how she went on the Idol to expand her audience base? Singing a Christian R & B song is not the way to do it.


6) Chris Daughtry ("What If," by Creed) - Due to the fact that I hate Creed almost as much as I hate Train, I cannot judge Chris' performance either.

I think it was OK, but I'm not so sure.


And aren't you glad that Chris got that whole Johnny Cash/Live controversy out of the way?

Whew!


7) Katharine McPhee ("The Voice Within," by Christina Aguilera) - Katharine's performance was totally eh.

Now that I've gotten that bit out of the way, can we talk about that ensemble?

Was it a leotard? Was it a blouse? Was it a costume from Dollywood?

I don't even think Katharine knows...


8) Bucky Covington ("Real Good Man," by Tim McGraw") - Cowboy hat + the weird long hair on top/shaved head on the sides combo = MegaTrashy


9) Paris Bennett ("Work It Out," by Beyonce) - Cutesy.

Paris is better than Solange...but Beyonce she ain't.


10) Elliott Yamin ("I Don't Want To Be," by Gavin DeGraw) - Strangely manic.



judge jru votes

Paris.

And even then, only once.

Overall, it was a very disappointing week for the young Idol-ites.


judge jru predicts

Lisa is almost definitely a goner. But Ace or the country slut could be the spoilers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight's show was a good example of the crappiness that is, in general, this century's music.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I cannot find the words to fully express how perfectly and completely "eh" tonight's show was. Is there something in the makeup or hair gell being used? Flat, flat, flat over all.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AI has officially jumped the shark!

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kellie is so many boys' "dream" I think she'll be sticking around for a while. I mean, what male doesn't want to jump her?

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

I love your blog just to let you know, and I have a blog as well - I agreewith you 9 times out of 10. I try not to read your first tho, just so I am writting what I believe....ANYWAY - I was completely shocked to see Chris admit the Live/Cash controversey, but I am glad he did. That crap was bugging me.

And Kelly Pickler needs to pick a bus to ride home one.

Suggestion: try listening to Bucky with your eyes closed - it helps....just a little.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home