Sunday, February 19, 2006

Let's Get this Idol Party Started!

Thanks to the most awesome friend an Idol superdork could ask for, I ended up going to the official American Idol Top 24 party, hosted by American Idol Magazine.

I have to admit, I'm not usually into the whole premiere party scene in LA. I much prefer hanging out down the street at Akbar, but tonight...with the prospect of getting to see Ace Young in person...I was very excited!

After getting our drinks and loading up on bite sized burgers, my friends and I settled into the corner for an awesome night of people watching...and we were definitely not disappointed.

Within minutes, Al Sharpton showed up...followed by "Just the Ten of Us"/"Melrose Place" star Jamie Luner.

The cast of "High School Musical" and Lance "NSYNC" Bass also popped up.

It was all very exciting!


Then I saw a very tall skinny man that looked like Skeletor...and I knew that the Idol 4's very own Constantine couldn't be far behind.

And he wasn't.

OK...so maybe I knew that Constantine was bound to show up at some point, because here's the thing...it had already been announced that he would be the "entertainment" of the night.



Mr. Maroulis sang all of his Idol "hits."



Like "I Think I Love You."



And "My Funny Valentine."



But NOT "Bohemian Rhapsody."

Thank G-d.


And in the end, I discovered that Constantine wasn't as awful as I was expecting him to be...but that's not saying he was GOOD either.

He's still smarmy.

And he didn't really command the stage or the audience's attention for very long...BUT his voice wasn't half-bad.

And frankly, I think I liked him more than I'll ever like Sway.



That boy just ain't right.



So once I got bored with the Constantine show...I proceeded to take a bunch of semi-candid, semi-blurry shots of the new Idols. We weren't allowed in the Idol VIP section, so some of my "long lens" camera work leaves a lot to be desired. You'll still be able to make people out, so I decided to include them for your viewing pleasure.

Look here! It's Taylor Hicks and Kellie Pickler!



I think this one is of Kinnik Sky.



And here's one of Taylor and the back of Chris Daughtry's head.



Poor David Radford looked overwhelmed and a little sad all night.



Patrick Hall seemed a little happier...



...but not nearly as happy as Brenna Gethers, who was working the party like nobody's business.

She posed for this picture without me even having to ask.



Much like David, Stevie Scott looked like a lost little puppy...or like she just lost her puppy...



While Katharine McPhee seemed to be very amused by the news that she is the Idol 5 frontrunner.




Lord only knows what the Guarini was so excited about...



I know I wasn't very nice to Justin in the past, but I have to say that in person...



...I was very busy when I realized just how pretty he is.


Speaking of pretty, Paris Bennet looked supercute and was very friendly.



She was even nice to that spotlight hungry beotch Brenna.




After I managed to capture that forced friendly moment, I discovered that Becky O'Donahue didn't look like half-as-hootchie as I expected.



In fact, almost all of the Idol 5's top 24 were surprisingly good looking...except for these two dudes:



My superfriend Mandel said it best, "Kevin Covais looks just like Chicken Little!"


Before I knew it...it was time for the Idols to leave.



On their way out, I somehow managed to muster up the guts to ask Mandisa for a picture.



And she was just as lovely as Jesus.


So...I haven't mentioned my imaginary boyfriend Ace yet.

Well, Ace was very friendly, very flirty, and very...



PRETTY!


This boy could be bashed upside the head with the ugly stick and he'd still be a thousand times hotter than any other Idol contestant ever.

Heck, he's EVEN prettier than Amy Adams' oh-so-lovely boyfriend (circa Idol 3).

Seriously. He's just that hot.

10 Comments:

Anonymous ~K said...

Constantine rocks. Green is not your color :D

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I have seen Constantine perform live 5 times and everytime he has taken command of the stage and the whole room. Maybe the 5000 people at the AI concert I attended were wrong because he was definitely a crowd favorite. Constantine may be many things but not being able to command a stage has never been one of them.

10:16 PM  
Blogger laura said...

Two Words...WAY JEALOUS!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gone to see Constantine sing *LIVE* 11 times since July. And he keeps getting hotter. Ace is a pretty boy; but Constantine is a hot blooded man that is mesmerizing to watch, because he is so passionate when he sings.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Chloe said...

I'd love to read more "unbiased opinion" of Constantine's performance! If it doesn't grade as a disaster in the book of a not-so inclined to Con, it must mean it was ok. YAY! If you were paying attention enough, did you notice that he did an original ("Thank You") and if so, could you assess it in an objective way? I'm dying to know. Come talk to us at Rawkhands!!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, you'd think this blog was about Constantine the way the Bettys are swarming! Get the clue: people who don't see what you see are not necessarily haters. Taste is very personal.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anita said...

I'm sorry if this offends anyone...but that Brenna chick needs a serious reality check! She is so not all that she thinks she is. PUKE!!

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Julie said...

I don't see what the big deal about Ace is-he looks like Joe Millionaire!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous dlp said...

I can't believe you think a guy with long hair is hot. What next, fabio? Slippery slope my friend, slippery slope. :)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quote:
"Thanks to the most awesome friend an Idol superdork could ask for, I ended up going to the official American Idol Top 24 party, hosted by American Idol Magazine."
-------------
How lucky, you got to go!!
Was there ANYONE else taking video, media or personal?

I want video of Constantine's performances.

Could you check with your insider friend again??
PLEASE

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home