Thursday, December 29, 2005

Guarini is the NEW Norah Jones?

So I was perusing MSNBC (I know, I don't know how that happened either) and I discovered that the news site is running a series of very exciting update reports on what the Idols have been up to. Each week, there will be a new story covering a season of the Idol.

There have been two reports posted so far. The story on Season 2 didn't contain anything that we didn't already know, but the story on Season 1 was very illuminating!

It included the following "juicy" tidbits:

Tamyra was dropped by her original label for being "difficult!"

Kelly is going on tour in the UK and Ireland!

AND best of all...the newly shorn Justin Guarini has self-released a new "jazz" album.



On Justin's new official website, you can purchase the album through PayPal for the low low price of $16.49 (shipping and handling included)!



You can also download a couple of snippets of the album, including the Guarini's interpretation of "My Funny Valentine."



As most of my friends know, I was never a fan of the Guarini...and after listening to all of these clips, I still don't think I am...BUT I do have to say that the Guarini's "My Funny Valentine" contains 95 percent LESS SMARM than the Constantine Maroulis version.


However, I was VERY disappointed that MSNBC failed to mention RJ Helton's burgeoning Christian Music career...so I quickly rushed over to RJ's official website, RJHelton.com, to see what RJ had been up to lately. It was then that I discovered that the site was no longer working!

And then...when I went to Gospocentric's official website (RJ's record label), there was absolutely no mention of RJ!

Luckily, the official RJ Helton fan club site is still up and running. Supposedly, RJ is going to be releasing a new album in 2006. The "RJ-holics" have posted a couple of new tunes for everyone's listening pleasure.

It was then that things fell into place. One of the songs posted is entitled "Hot" and it's very Jim Verraros-eque in tone. It's all about RJ's body next to someone else's...and how HOT that is...

So, I guess RJ is dropping the good little Christian boy act and turning into another watered-down-R.Kelly-wannabe.

Here's to hoping RJ starting singing songs about being trapped in the closet...because THAT would be really "HOT."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Celia said...

This blog is fantastic, is very interesting, I like the colors, are awesome. Keep it and show us more!!!! Do you wanto to see something more? Look... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home