Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Heather Locklear! Mia Tyler! Clay Aiken! Method Man! Oh My!

THE TOP 6 OF THE IDOL 4
THEME: The Millennium (Songs of the '00s)

1) Carrie Underwood ("When God-Fearin' Women Get The Blues" by Martina McBride) - Carrie's performance was a little too desperately-trying-to-be-rootsy country for me...and frankly, I've seen better on "Nashville Star."

2) Bo Bice ("I Don't Want To Be" by Gavin DeGraw) - Loved Bo's performance. Didn't love Bo's ensemble. Who wears a hippie poncho AND Yoko Ono sunglasses TOGETHER??? That's like MC Hammer coming out wearing "Hammer" pants and a flannel shirt from L.L. Bean.

(PS: who knew that Bo's Mom was such MILF?)

3) Vonzell Solomon ("I Turn To You" by Christina Aguilera) - Week in and week out...the Vonzell continues to be the cutest Idol contestant ever. And her vocals aren't bad either! Your voice teacher, Mrs. Billups, taught you well, girlfriend!

(And since I love Vonzell so much, I'll ignore the fact that "I Turn To You" was actually released on Xtina's album in 1999...NOT the '00s!)

4) Anthony Fedorov ("I Surrender" by Celine Dion) - Kelly KILLED with this song when she performed it on the Idol way back when. So when I heard Anthony break out into that bombastic chorus, I thought the boy with the "miracle" voice was going to falter and flounder...yet somehow Anthony managed to pull off a respectable performance.

5) Constantine Maroulis ("How You Remind Me" by Nickelback) - I hate to admit it, but I'm kinda partial to Nickelback. It's one of the few songs that I hear regularly on the radio that is written within my limited range...it's a shame it wasn't written in Constantine's.

6) Scott Savol ("Dance With My Father," by Luther Vandross) - I'm struggling to come up with an accurate critique of Scott's horrendous performance tonight....so I'm going to have to crib a line from Matthew Gilbert's review of Lifetime's I Married a Princess: "it's just a big bunch of who cares."


JUDGE JRU VOTES

Vonzell, Bo, Vonzell, Bo

JUDGE JRU PREDICTS THE BOTTOM THREE

Anthony Fedorov, Scott Savol...and Carrie Underwood...or maybe Constantine???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - Scott Savol sang "Dance with my Father" by Luther Vandross.

6:24 AM  
Blogger TRENT said...

Wait a damn minute ... you watch Nashville Star? What kind of American Idol blog is this?!?

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home