Tuesday, February 22, 2005

How to REALLY feel like you've done nothing with your life

WARNING: THIS STORY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AMERICAN IDOL

Somehow in the midst of the torrential storms in LA, I stumbled into Amoeba Records and discovered that the band simply known as "Smoosh" was performing live.

At first, I thought they were Hanson, but then they turned out to be honest-to-god girls. They sounded like Keane meets Tori Amos, with a little Vanessa Carlton and Belle & Sebastian thrown in for good measure.



As I was paying for yet another used CD that I didn't really need, I chatted with the world's friendliest Amoeba store clerk about the ages of band members.

As it turns out, the lead singer/keyboardist is ONLY 12...and the drummer is ONLY 10.

Did I mention that they write their own songs and have opened for Pearl Jam and Jimmy Eat World?

If you want to hear just what "Smoosh" is all about, download this:

"Massive Cure" - Smoosh


I need to go write a novel or something.

Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home